When entering the State of Georgia, you are in need of additional permits if you have not registered your vehicle under IRP or IFTA. Operating vehicles exceeding size or weight limitation are required to obtain a permit.

Trip Permits

If the operating vehicle is not registered under IRP, a trip permit must be obtained prior to entry into Georgia. The trip permit is issued for temporary registration in lieu of IRP credentials for properly registered vehicles.

Fuel Permits

You must purchase temporary fuel permit in order to operate in a location they do not hold an IFTA decal and license. Carriers must secure a temporary fuel permit prior to entering Georgia for which they are not properly permitted.

Oversize and Overweight Permits

You will need an oversize or overweight permit if the dimensions or weight of your vehicle exceeds the limit.